Buzz blogging operations are secured until Tuesday in recognition of the Independence Day holiday, but in the meantime here are a few of the things we didn't get to write about this week:
• Pakistan is pushing the U.S. to stop launching its CIA drone attacks from the base it's been using, although the strikes themselves are expected to continue. The drones will just operate from elsewhere.
• According to a poll, Americans say they have greater confidence in the military than in any other public institution.
• The Defense Acquisition Board will review the Army's Ground Combat Vehicle again when it meets on July 21.
• The Navy has begun construction on its first Mobile Landing Platform, which service officials hope will be a cornerstone in their once-and-future ambitions for sea basing.
• To honor what makes America great on this Fourth of July weekend, you might want to watch a video in which a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 races an F/A-18 Hornet from the Blue Angels.