The holiday shopping season is in full swing -- make this year special and support fellow veterans by shopping at veteran-owned businesses for gifts! You’ll find unique ideas for everyone on your list, both naughty and nice.
1) Bottle Breacher - Hand crafted bottle openers and more, made by active duty service members and veterans. The staff at Bottle Breacher used to use 50 caliber ammunition to defend our country down range, they now use them to provide the best man gifts, groomsmen gifts, and promotional products on the market.
2) Merica Bourbon - Merica Bourbon was born from military veterans who wanted to share the great taste of bourbon and freedom. It’s all about the flavor. This bourbon is meant to be shared with friends, on the rocks or neat, reminiscing on the good moments in life.
3) Grunt Style - You don't have to be a veteran to wear Grunt Style, but you do have to love Freedom, Bacon and Whiskey. Grunt Style provides more than apparel, it instills pride. Pride in self, in military and in country.
4) Combat Flip Flops - With a tagline like, “Unapologetically, we make cool stuff in dangerous places,” Combat Flip Flops fulfills its mission by providing jobs and investing in people who desperately need it. Its flip flops are currently made in Bogata, Columbia, Cover and Concealment sarongs are handmade in Afghanistan by local women, and Peacemaker Bangle and Coinwrap are sent to the US straight from artisans in Laos.
5) Counter Strike Coffee - Counter Strike Coffee offers premium coffee blends. All of its beans are single origin and small batch, artisan roasted. The careful selection of beans and roasting provides a full-bodied, crisp taste that always goes down smooth.
6) Medals of America - Medals of American is the premier source for military medals, badges, patches, challenge coins, rank, rates and insignia, as well as great military clothing. If you have someone on your list who is a veteran and you struggle to figure out what to get them. This is one company you need to check out.
7) Blanco Cigars - Quality, Tradition, and Value: these are the three principles the Blanco family lives by, as they grow quality tobacco and manufacture cigars using time-honored traditions, offering them to market at a great value.
8) Alpha Outpost - With boxes including everything from a machete to a full campfire cooking set to a big game skinning kit, Alpha Outpost looks to help ready you for any situation. Each month, Alpha Outpost sets a theme and fills a box with the tools, and knowledge, to conquer the theme’s situation.
9) Redline Steel - Redline Steel is a custom steel manufacturer inspired by design and relentless innovation to bring a level of quality unprecedented to what's been seen in home decor. With monograms, flags, and more this might be the place to find something for that hard to buy for person.
10) Sword & Plough - Using repurposed military surplus material and transforming it into durable and fashionable bags that people could use every day, Sword and Plough is incorporating veterans into every stage of its business (from design, to sewing, management, fulfillment, sales, even modeling) empowering veteran employment. Through its branding and outreach, Sword & Plough helps bridge the civil-military divide.
11) Rockwell - With a commitment to redefine a style, devote itself to quality, and remain loyal to those it surrounds itself with, Rockwell is a company that helps you to never end up in the world of "could have, should have, would have." Its watches, sunglasses and apparel have something for everyone.