A former Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier was sentenced to 15 years in prison Friday for child pornography production, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.
John F. Rindt, 50, was a U.S. Army chief warrant officer.
He was living in Lacey in 2012 when he took video of himself molesting a young sleeping child, according to court records.
Rindt pleaded guilty to child pornography production last year.
A sentencing memorandum filed on his behalf with the court said that Rindt is remorseful and understands that he deserves punishment, and it noted his distinguished military service.
The sentence will be concurrent to a 10-year term he was already given by a military tribunal.
Rindt also must pay $9,900 to cover costs of counseling for the child.
He also will have to register as a sex offender and will have lifetime supervision upon his release.
This article is written by Alexis Krell from The News Tribune and was legally licensed via the Tribune Content Agency through the NewsCred publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.