Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com.
Sailor Who Shot Himself on Sub Was Removed from Gun List
A U.S. Navy sailor, who intentionally shot himself with a government-issued rifle on board a Groton-based attack submarine on Jan. 12, had been temporarily removed from the list of those allowed to carry a gun during watch-standing duties.
By Julia Bergman, The Day, New London | Read more
Family Seeks $25 Million from Marines After Colonel Convicted of Abuse
A decorated, high-tenured Marine colonel ended up behind bars last fall after being convicted of sexually abusing a six-year-old girl. The child's family is now pursuing a lawsuit against the Marine Corps, saying senior leaders failed to hold the officer accountable after he was booted from a previous posting in Australia just 10 days in for crass and drunken behavior.
By Hope Hodge Seck | Read more
ROTC Cadets Lost in Land Navigation Course Rescued
Two Army ROTC cadets visiting from the mainland were rescued Sunday after spending the night lost in a jungle warfare course in Wahiawa.
By The Honolulu Star-Advertiser | Read more
Most Read in Army
- Army Announces Winter Deployments to Afghanistan, Korea
- Special Forces Leader Cites 'Stupid' Shooting in Disciplinary Breakdown
Most Read in Navy
- Navy Carrier's Water No Longer Testing Positive for E. Coli
- The Navy Is Making It Tougher to Earn a Surface-Warfare Officer Pin
Most Read in Air Force
- Former Fighter Pilot Named Pacific Air Forces Commander
- Air Force May Let Staff Sergeants Serve 20 Years, Top Enlisted Says
Most Read in Marine Corps
- 5 Ways Rank-and-File Leathernecks Are Disrupting the Marine Corps
- Lance Corporal with Alleged Neo-Nazi Ties Is Now a Former Marine
Most Read in Technology
- The Air Force Is Sending a Stealth Fighter to Europe. But Which?
- China Leaving US Behind on Artificial Intelligence: Air Force General
Most Read in Gear and Fitness
Most Read in Business
- Air Force Formalizes $3.9 Billion Air Force One Deal with Boeing
- Congress Fails to Fund Trump's 'Space Force' in Defense Budget Bill
Most Read in Spouse and Family
- More Dental Coverage, Spouse Employment Help Coming in Defense Bill
- This Army Lodge Just Had Bed Bugs
Most Read in Entertainment
- 10 Lethal Special Operations Units From Around the World
- 6 Things Officers Love But Enlisted Troops Can't Stand
Most Read in Pay and Benefits
Most Read in Veterans
- Feds Crack Down on Bogus Veteran Charities
- Two Years After Trump Promised White House Veterans Hotline, It's Open -- in West Virginia