Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com:
Congress Passes Biggest Military Pay Raise in Years
The U.S. Senate on Thursday joined the House of Representatives in approving a 2.1 percent pay raise next year for troops -- the biggest boost in years. The legislation now heads to the president's desk for his signature.
By Brendan McGarry | Read more
Army, Marines in No Rush to Chamber a Common 5.56mm Round
It doesn’t seem that the Army or the Marine Corps is in any hurry to explain to Congress why they don't use a common 5.56mm round.
By Matthew Cox | Read more
Soldier Turned Bestselling Author Found Dead in Texas Hotel
Luis Carlos Montalvan, a decorated Iraq war veteran who became a strong critic of the war and wrote about it, has died in El Paso. He was 43.
By Betsy Blaney | Read more
Popular in Army
- Army Loses Infantry Brigade to Create New Armored Brigade
- Bergdahl Seeks Pardon from Obama to Avert Desertion Trial
Popular in Navy
Popular in Air Force
- Trump Says Cancel New Air Force One: Costs 'Out of Control'
- Air Force Names Guard Bases Vying to Host F-35
Popular in Marine Corps
- Marine Hornet Pilot Killed in Japan Crash Identified
- Marine Aviation Commander Relieved for Poor Performance
Popular in Entertainment
- 7 Canceled Weapons That You'll Wish Were Standard Issue
- Pearl Harbor: A New Perspective on Smithsonian's 'The Lost Tapes'
Popular in Spouse
- 'Mad-Dog' Mattis: Here's Why Military Spouses Are Happy
- 8 Military Family Changes for 2017 That Impact You
Popular in Technology
- US Struggles to Keep Russian Helos Flying for Afghans
- The Military's Anti-Drone Gun Is Getting Smaller, Lighter and Stronger
Popular in Acquisition
- Trump's Force Plus-Up Easier Said Than Done, Leaders Say
- Defense Lobby’s Answer to Trump? Don't Tweet Back
Popular in Gear and Fitness
- Army to Produce Wireless, Crew-Served Thermal Weapon Sights
- Army Physical Fitness Test Push-up Score Chart
Popular in Policy
- New Military Concealed Carry Policy Excludes Retirees for Now
- Congress Rejects Pay, Compensation Cuts