Three U.S. soldiers were wounded in Afghanistan Monday evening when a suicide bomber detonated a vehicle packed with explosives in eastern Nangarhar province.
The soldiers suffered minor injuries, NATO's Resolute Support mission said. They were conducting a force-protection patrol at the time of the incident.
NATO didn't disclose the names of the soldiers or where they were taken for treatment.
Attaullah Khogyani, spokesman for Nangarhar's governor, said the suicide bomber struck a military convoy in Surkh Rod district near Jalalabad.
He said a U.S. military vehicle was damaged.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast in a statement posted on the group's website.
Last month, five American servicemembers were wounded in Nangarhar, where U.S. forces are helping the Afghan military fight the Taliban and the Islamic State group. Their injuries were not life-threatening.