In today's electronic age, many people do most of their shopping, banking, and more online. Did you know that you can take care of many of your medical chores online too?
TRICARE Online Portal
TRICARE has a website known as "TRICARE Online" or "TOL" which allows you to do lots of things online. Some of the things you can do online using their website include:
- Make, reschedule, or cancel appointments
- Visit a doctor online
- Refill or renew prescriptions
- View laboratory tests and selected radiology results
You need a DS Logon, CAC Card, or MyPay account to access the TRICARE Online Portal.
TRICARE Online Portal Being Replaced
TRICARE is in the process of switching from their current patient portal to a new one known as MHS Genesis, which will have better integration with DOD and VA medical.
MHS Genesis is rolling out nationwide and is currently available at Fairchild Air Force Base, Madigan Army Medical Center, Naval Hospital Bremerton, and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor.
MHS Genesis will eventually deploy to all military medical and dental facilities worldwide and replace the TOL Patient Portal.
MHS Genesis Patient Portal
Until MHS Genesis is fully deployed, there will be some overlap of services between the TOL Patient Portal and MHS Genesis.
If you’re already a registered user on the TOL Secure Patient Portal, MHS Genesis works much the same way. With MHS Genesis you will have all the functions of the TRICARE Patient Portal, plus you can:
- Access your medical and dental records 24/7
- View, download and transmit your health data
- View clinic notes and certain laboratory/test results
- Exchange messages with your health care team
- Complete a pre-visit, dental health history questionnaire online (active duty only)
- Look up health information related to your health concerns, results, and prescriptions
What You Need To Use MHS Genesis
Like the TRICARE portal, you need DS Logon, CAC Card, or MyPay account to access the MHS Genesis website.
Keep Up With Changes In TRICARE And Your Other Benefits
Want to know about changes in military benefits as they happen? Sign up for a free Military.com membership to have the latest benefits news delivered directly to your inbox.