What Is the Tricare Online Patient Portal?
The Tricare Online Patient Portal (TOL PP) is a web platform designed to enable U.S. military service members and their families to access health care information. TOL PP allows Tricare beneficiaries to schedule appointments, view medical records, refill prescriptions and communicate with health-care providers.
At most facilities, however, TOL PP has already been replaced by the Department of Defense's new electronic health record, MHS Genesis.
MHS Genesis is complete at military hospitals and clinics in the continental United States as of the summer of 2023, according to the Military Health System, and 100% completion is expected by the fall of 2023.
Tricare Patient Portal Eligibility
A Tricare online login, or access to TOL PP, is available to eligible beneficiaries, including active-duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees and their families.
Credentials Needed to Access the Patient Portal
Accessing the Tricare Online Patient Portal requires specific credentials to ensure secure and authorized entry. Users typically need one of the following:
- Premium DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon): an authentication system designed to provide secure access to a range of Department of Defense (DoD) and Veterans Affairs (VA) websites and services.
- DoD Common Access Card (CAC): a multifunctional smart card used by active-duty service members and DoD personnel for secure and streamlined access to various systems. The card serves as a reliable identification and authentication tool for reservists and eligible civilian employees as well.
- Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) myPay: a secure online service for military members, retirees and DoD civilian employees that allows users to manage their pay, tax and personal financial information conveniently.
Available Health-Care Services Through the Tricare Patient Portal
Tricare Online Patient Portal users can schedule medical appointments, access their electronic health records, request medication refills, communicate securely with health-care providers and more.
- Appointments: Schedule, change or cancel appointments with military hospital or clinic primary care managers (PCMs), change notification settings and more.
- Health record: Safely access, download, print and share your lab results, radiology findings, medication and allergy profiles, immunization records and more for yourself and for young children.
- Rx refill: Refill prescriptions for pickup and access the Tricare Mail Order Pharmacy.
- Service separation/retirement: Access medical information and services for those separating from active-duty service or the reserves.
- Secure messaging: Email your health-care providers.
- Nurse Advice Line: Talk to a registered nurse 24/7 for medical advice and questions. Call 1-800-TRICARE (1-800-874-2273) and select option.
Tricare Contact Information
The Tricare phone number for matters related to eligibility, enrollment and customer service is 1-800-600-9332 from within the U.S. This is handled by the Defense Health Agency Global Service Center (DHAGSC).
The Tricare contact number for help with personnel and health-care eligibility information for DoD beneficiaries is 1-800-368-3665, for the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) DEERS Support Office.