2020 Pay Increase
Military pay saw a 3.1% increase for 2020 compared to 2019 levels. The military pay tables below apply to active members of the Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
The calculator above (and related tables below) reflect 2020 monthly pay based on the 3.1% pay raise, which is effective as of January 1, 2020. This pay increase will be reflected in your January 15 paycheck.
2020 Military Pay Charts:
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service)
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve only)
- Basic Allowance for Housing Increases: BAH (based on location)
- Basic Allowance for Subsistence Increases: BAS
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty)
To calculate your complete military pay, including base pay, BAH and other special pays, use the Military Pay Calculator.
Prior Pay Charts
- 2019 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2019 Drill Pay Charts
- 2018 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2018 Drill Pay Charts
- 2017 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2017 Drill Pay Charts
- 2016 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2016 Drill Pay Charts
- 2015 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2015 Drill Pay Charts
- 2014 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2014 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
- 2013 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2013 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
- 2012 Active Duty Military Pay Chart
- 2012 Guard and Reserve Drill Pay Charts
- Historical Pay Charts Dating Back to 1949
Keep Up With Military Pay Updates
Military pay benefits are constantly changing. Make sure you're up-to-date with everything you've earned. Subscribe to Military.com to receive updates on all of your military pay and benefits, delivered directly to your inbox.