The VA wants to let you know that you can pay your VA bill from the comfort of your own home: no more writing checks or driving to the local VA to make a payment.
The VA has announced that now you can pay your medical care and prescription copayments online at Pay.gov. The pay.gov website is a secure, free, fast, and easy way to pay your VA health care and prescription copayments online. More than 100,000 veterans are already using this service.
Making an online payment is easy:
- Go to www.pay.gov.
- Under Common Payments, click the VA Medical Care Copayment link.
- Fill out the form. Enter the account number exactly as it appears on your VA billing statement. Click Continue.
- Enter credit card, debit card, checking account or savings account information to process payment. Click Submit Payment.
You can establish recurring payments through Pay.gov for a set amount to come out on the same date each month. Recurring payments from a checking account can be modified or cancelled at any time. Credit card payments must be cancelled by midnight of the same business day the payment was processed.
Recurring payments do not establish or take the place of a repayment plan, you can make a payment or set up recurring payments on your own, or with assistance by calling 888-827-4817
You must pay your balance in full by the due date on the initial billing statement to avoid late charges and/or collection actions.
If you don't want to pay your bill online you can still pay in other ways::
- In person at your local Veteran Affairs Medical Center’s Agent Cashier’s Office
- By phone at 888-827-4817
- By mail to Department of Veterans Affairs, PO Box 530269, Atlanta GA 30353-0269. Make your check or money order payable to “VA” and include your account number and payment stub.