Military.com has compiled a list of Veterans Day discounts on restaurants, goods, services and events for 2021. Click below to search for discounts by category. Visit daily as the list is updated frequently!
Popular Veterans Day Restaurant Discounts
- Outback Steakhouse -- Veterans, active-duty service members and spouses get a free Bloomin' Onion with any Coca-Cola beverage on November 11.
- Applebee's -- Veterans and active-duty military receive a free meal when dining in from a special menu on November 11.
- Buffalo Wild Wings -- Veterans and active-duty service members get a free order of 10 boneless wings and fries on November 11. The offer is available for dine-in or takeout (online ordering excluded).
Popular Veterans Day Retail Discounts
- Kohl’s -- Veterans, active and former military personnel, and their immediate families get 30% off in-store purchases from November 11 through 14.
- Target -- Target is offering a 10% discount from October 31 through November 13 to active-duty military personnel, veterans and their families.
- Food Lion -- Active-duty military and veterans get a 10% discount on November 11. Valid for in-store shopping only at Food Lion locations
Popular Veterans Day Travel & Recreation Discounts
- Crunch Fitness -- Veterans, active-duty military, and their families get a free week of gym membership from November 8 through 14 at 187 participating gyms across the country. Guests will also have the opportunity to join Crunch with a specially reduced $1 enrollment fee and receive their first month free.
- Army Corp of Engineers Recreation Areas -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will waive day use fees at its recreation areas nationwide November 11.
- smarTours -- Veterans and active-duty service members get $150 off all tours worldwide. Call to reserve your trip or book select tours online. Book by November 19.
All of the Veterans Day discounts featured by Military.com have been confirmed, either through press release or direct communication with the company.
Keep in mind that to access your Veterans Day discounts most businesses require proof of military service.
What identification do you need to prove that you're a veteran?
If you’re an active duty military member, reservist member of the National Guard or military retiree, the easiest way to access Veterans Day discounts is to use your military ID card.
For veterans who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health benefits, the VA benefits photo ID card should serve as easy proof of veteran status at most businesses.
If you don’t have a VA benefits card, the VA can provide you with a Veterans ID Card. Rolled-out in 2017, the Veterans ID Card program allows all honorably discharged veterans to apply for online and receive by mail a card meant to function as proof of service. While not an official form of government ID, most businesses accept it as proof of service. Learn more about getting a Veterans ID Card.
Some states include veteran status on their state ID cards and drivers licenses, offering another ID card option for veterans looking to show businesses proof that they served.
And, if all else fails, most businesses will accept a copy of your DD-214 as proof of service.
Note: Not all franchise locations participate in their national chain's Veterans Day programs -- be sure to contact your nearest establishment to make sure they are participating.
Related: Veterans - experience the benefits of a VA Loan. Start your quote today.