What's the biggest difference between "Top Gun" (1986) and "Top Gun: Maverick" (2020)? It's not Tom Cruise, because that guy pretty much looks the same now as he did 34 years ago. The right answer is: advances in camera technology and visual effects technology. The original film was a triumph of editing, combining stock footage and a limited amount of dogfight action staged for the film to create pure movie magic. In the 21st century, the tools now exist for the filmmakers to create something they hope will be far closer to the actual flight experiences of the Navy aviators the movie celebrates. Now, Paramount has released a new behind-the-scenes video to get everyone even more jacked for the summer 2020 release. Read more on Military.com.
Can 'Top Gun: Maverick' Show You What It's 'Really Like' to Be a Top Gun?
Current issue of the Military Report
- Veterans Group Sues Military Leaders, Claiming Benefits Decision Delays
- Firefighting Foam in Water Near Bases Gets Congressional Attention
- Jobs At T-Mobile -- A Top Military Employer
- New Commissary Shoppers Unable to Access Online Features, American Forces Travel
- Institutional Failures Found at VA Facility After Veteran's Parking Lot Suicide
- Use Your $0 Down 2020 VA Loan + No Limit Financing
- Petition Would Create Military Medal to Honor Those Fighting in the 'War on Drugs'
- VA Moving Forward on Implementing Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention Law
- 2020 Military Payday Schedule
- Military Discounts on Auto Insurance
- Group to Fight Space Force's Use of Bible for Swearing-In Ceremonies
- 1st Air Force Unit Begins 'Beta Testing' No-Fail Practice PT Test
- Coast Guard Wrapping Up Study on Why Minority Members Leave the Service
- Get $400k SGLI/VGLI Supplement from Less than $1 a Day
- Painkiller Overprescription at 3 Military Hospitals Prompts Scathing Watchdog Report
- Army Secretary Calls for Slowdown of Military Health Care Merger
- All-Female USAF Team Wins Bomb-Building Competition with 'Rosie the Riveter' Tribute
- Navy's Top Admiral Has No Apologies Over Carrier Lincoln's Extra-Long Deployment