HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass. -- A moving truck that caused security concerns and the partial evacuation of an Air Force base in Massachusetts has been cleared.
The 66th Air Base Group said in a statement Thursday afternoon that Hanscom Air Force Base was returning to normal operations and personnel who had been evacuated were returning.
Officials said the truck had been stopped at a gate into the base Thursday morning after potentially explosive material was detected during a routine investigation.
While the vehicle has been cleared and there is no danger, the statement said pallets containing "potentially concerning residue" were removed and will be brought to a specialized facility for testing.
Police closed an exit on a road leading to the base, which is about 20 miles from Boston.
No injuries were reported.