Inactive/Lapsed Security Clearance
How long does my clearance last when I leave the military?
- Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.
- Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months as long as your re-evaluation period hasn't passed.
What can I do if my clearance has lapsed?
- Make sure to put on your resume that you are "Clearable." This lets employers know that you have had previous clearance.
- Once you are sponsored by a company, you will have to go through the clearance process again.
- The clearance process should not take as long as your initial clearance check, depending on how long it has been since you last held clearance.
|Security Clearance Jobs Security Clearance|