Texas Job Fairs Spotlight
This February the Non Commissioned Officers Association (NCOA) will be hosting two job fairs in Texas, on February 14 in San Antonio, and February 16 in Fort Hood.
The NCOA is a federally chartered military non-profit, with nearly 100 chapters worldwide. They will be hosting 25 Career Expos across the U.S. and Europe this year, with the goal of connecting America's heroes and their dependents with profitable, meaningful employment.
Consider attending these job fairs to get that face to face time with employers. This is a great opportunity to ask about tips for getting to the top of the application pile, the employers view on formal education compared to military experience, and set up a relationship so they are familiar with you when you apply for a cop with their company.
San Antonio: February 14, 2017
The San Antonio job fair will be from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, and will be held at the Norris Conference Centers. It will feature such employers as:
- U.S. Customs & Border Patrol / U.S. Border Patrol: One of the world's largest law enforcement organizations, CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. while facilitating lawful international travel and trade.
- NextEra Energy Inc: With jobs in the areas of power delivery, generation, and more, NexTera Energy Inc. is a leading clean energy company.
- Toyota Motor Mfg Texas: An automobile production subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, builds Toyota Tundra and Tacoma pickup trucks.
- And more!
Fort Hood: February 16, 2017
The Fort Hood job fair also goes from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, taking place at Club Hood. Attending employers include:
- First Command Financial Services: Provides personalized services through locally based trained and licensed Financial Advisors.
- Cardinal Health: Focuses on the distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, as well as manufacturing of medical and surgical products.
- CSRA Defense Talent Acquisition: Brings together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and industry professionals to deliver IT solutions and professional services to help modernize legacy systems and protect networks and assets.
- And more!
As with all job fairs, make sure you've done your homework so fully take advantage of the opportunity. Some ways you can prepare include:
- Bring copies of your resume.
- Dress professionally.
- Continue to visit the website for updates.
- Ensure you have a schedule, when available.
- Research the companies that will be in attendance.
- Be sure to revisit the website for the latest company listing and job descriptions the day before attending the event to be better prepared.
For more on these job fairs, see the Military.com job fair page.