Military Lodging: An Overview
Military life has special privileges! When you travel, you can take advantage of many convenient and inexpensive lodging options available around the world from each branch of the military.
There are thousands of rooms available at temporary housing facilities, hotels, resorts, and guesthouses around the world. There are two major categories of military lodging - on-base lodging and Armed Forces Recreation Centers.
Each branch of the military offers its own special lodging styles and locations. Whenever you travel, use the planning information in this guide to take advantage of cost-effective lodging opportunities along the way.
Military lodging services are generally available to:
- Military and civilian travelers on official orders
- Military members and DOD personnel on temporary duty
- Military retirees and their families
- Widows/Widowers/Dependents of Retired Military Personnel
- National Guard and Army Reserve Members and their families
- Foreign Military (on orders)
- Medical in-patients and family of seriously ill
- Medical out-patients
- Official guests and visitors of the command may be able to stay in military lodging, but must be checked in by their sponsors.
Transient billeting quarters generally have different eligibility restrictions. Please check the individual on-base lodging options for each service for more details.
For more information check out or detailed lodging pages:
- Army Lodging
- Navy Lodging
- Air Force Lodging
- Marine Corps Lodging
- Coast Guard Lodging
- Armed Forces Recreation Centers
- Armed Forces Vacation Club
- Military Lodging Tips
- Military Lodging Reservations
|Lodging Travel Destinations|