Military Benefits Archive

Showing 1 - 5 of 47 articles

What Are My Military Adoption Benefits?

An Air Force couple smiles with their adopted son. (Photo: U.S. Air Force/Stacy Vaughn.)

Dear Questions and Benefits, My family is getting ready to adopt a child and, as I’m sure you know, it’s a really expensive process. We know there are military adoption benefits and we want to start getting them as soon as possible. Can you help? Sincerely, Excited New Parent Dear Parent, Congratulations on your upcoming adoption! The good news is that the military does offer a military adoption reimbursement program. The bad news is... more

How Can a Divorced Military Parent Get on Base?

How can a divorced military parent get on base

Dear Questions and Benefits, My daughter is divorced from an active-duty airman. She has custody of their child, and he has an ID card. The problem lies with taking her son to the doctor. Every time she tries to get on base, they give her a really big hassle. She was told she could get a yearly pass, but no one seems to know how to do it. I was hoping you might be able to help me out. Sincerely, Worried Dad Dear Dad, How to get your kid... more

Military Families: Best Purchases for Technology Needs

Military Families: Best Purchases for Technology Needs

The holiday shopping season is almost here. (I know, I know—I didn’t want to say it either! Don’t panic!) But facts are facts, and if you’re contemplating making a technology purchase, either as a gift or out of necessity, it’s time to begin researching and figuring out the best product for you. And therein lies the tough part about shopping for technology. There are so many options, often it’s difficult to figure out what is the best product... more

Why Isn't the Education Compact Helping Us?

Photo: U.S. Army

Dear Q&B, When we moved last summer, our high schooler changed states and schools. We thought that the interstate compact would make sure that her 4.0 average came with her, but we found out that thanks to the way they grade at our new duty station, grades that once brought her a 4.0 count for less here. We tried to get the school to work with us or help us understand the situation, but they weren't aware of the compact at all and now we don... more

Do You Need a Tricare Case Manager?

Photo by Staff Sgt. Desiree N. Palacios/Air Force

Dear Q&B, My infant daughter has a lot of health problems, was in and out of the hospital from birth and had to start a special prescription formula. We had a lot of snafus with Tricare in the process, only to find out later that what we needed was a Tricare case manager to help us through our issues. We had no idea that was available until we had already had a lot of headaches. Can you tell others about case managers and how to get one? Si... more

Get the

Spouse & Family Insider

© 2015 Military Advantage