The "Thank a Military Spouse" Contest (Contest) is open to new registrants and current Military.com members who are legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and who are 18 years of age or older.
1. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. To enter the contest, submit an essay based on the following: Show a military spouse that you acknowledge and appreciate all of his or her hard work. Tell us why the military spouse deserves an extra note of thanks.
Submissions must be titled "Thank a Military Spouse" and be maximum of 400 words. Submissions must include the spouses name, your name, your address and your telephone number. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the option of sending a digital (jpg) photo of you and the military spouse along with the submission.
Entries will be accepted via email at email@example.com starting on May 4, 2007 12:01am PT and ending May 21, 2007 11:59pm PT. Winners will be selected by the Military.com editorial staff. Entries will be judged on content, tone, voice, clarity and originality. No purchase is necessary. One entry per person.
2. CONDITIONS. Eligible entrants may enter by submitting their stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. Entries become the property of Military Advantage, Inc. ("Military.com" or "sponsor") and will not be acknowledged. Neither Military.com, and its respective officers, directors, share holders, and employees, and its respective parent companies, management companies, their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, nor any telephone network, or service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, for failures, any interruption, deletion or defect, line failures of any telephone network, or problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access any web site or online service including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer, theft, tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to alteration of entries, transactions that are late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction, error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any other human or technical error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Participation in the Contest, selection of a winner, and the award of a prize, if any, is subject to the sole discretion of Military.com. These Contest rules may be amended and/or the Contest cancelled by Military.com, at its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, or no reason, without notice.
3. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The winner will receive one (1) 2 GB Apple iPod nano.
Ten (10) Runner Ups will receive one (1) Military.com t-shirt.
Grand prize valued at approximately $250 or less. Runner up prizes valued at $20 or less.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. All eligible entries will be evaluated by the sponsor between May 22, 2007 and May 27, 2007. Winner will be determined by the sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this promotion. Winner must be available by phone and contact Military.com within 24-hours if a voice message is left. Military.com is not required to leave a voice message, and may move to next winner if no one is available at the time of call. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, which must be completed and returned within three (3) days of issuance of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. If, in Military.com's opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest or violation of any of these rules, Military.com reserves the right to terminate the Contest and award the prize using all eligible entries received or available as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the sponsor and/or its agents.
5. ELIGIBILITY. Contest open only to new registrants and current Military.com members who are legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Military.com, and their immediate families and households, and each of their respective parent companies, management companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, including advertising agencies, distributors, brokers and their retailers, and their respective employees, are not eligible.
6. GENERAL. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winner consents to the use of their name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Entrants agree that the sponsor, its affiliates and agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from the acceptance or use of the prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winner. US law governs these Contest rules. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted, except Military.com reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value, whether in cash or otherwise, if the prize cannot be awarded as advertised for any reason. Military.com will mail the prizes within one (1) month of winner notification by the US Postal Service.
7. TAXES. All taxes and any other expenses not specified here in are the sole responsibilities of the winner.
8. WINNER'S LIST. For a list with the name of the Grand Prize Winners send a self addressed, stamped to: Winner List, Military Advantage, Inc., "Thank a Military Spouse" Contest, 799 Market Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94103-2045. Requests will be honored for (3) months after the termination of the Contest.
Sponsored and promoted by Military.com - 799 Market Street, Suite 700 - San Francisco, CA 94103-2045.