The Scoop on Army Enlistment Bonuses
For example, you may be able to combine an MOS bonus with a bonus for shipping to training within 30 days for a critical MOS, and a bonus for higher education, and an airborne training bonus. Each of these bonuses have specific eligiblity requirements.
The following is a list of several signing bonuses the Army is currently offering:
- Army High-Demand MOS Bonus
- High School Senior Bonus
- Higher Education Bonus
- Civilian Skills Bonus
- Airborne Bonus
- Officer Candidate School Bonus
- Warrant Officer Flight Training Bonus
- Middle Eastern Translator Aid Bonus
Applicants who enlist for three or more years in the following jobs may qualify for bonuses up to $15,000:
- Infantryman (11X)
- Cannon Crewmember (13B)
- Field Artillery Automated Tactical Data Systems Specialist (13D)
- Fire Support Specialist (13F)
- Multiple Launch Rocket System Crewmember (13M)
- Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator (13R)
- PATRIOT Missile System Enhanced Operator (14E)
- PATRIOT Launching Station Enhanced Operator (14T)
- Air Defense Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence Tactical Operations Center Operator/Maintainer (14J)
- * Special Forces Candidate (18X)
- * Satellite Communication Systems Operator/Maintainers (25S)
- Light Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (63B)
- Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer (63J)
- Motor Transport Operator (88M)
- * Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist (89D)
- * Petroleum Supply Specialist (92F)
- Food Service Operations (92G)
- * Radio and Communications Security Repairer (94E)
- * Special Electronic Devices Repairer (94F)
- * Electronic Warfare/Cryptologic Operations Specialist (98X)
- Parachute Rigger (92R)
- Ammunition Specialist (89B)
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Automated Tactical Data Systems Specialist (13P)
* Minimum term of service is four or more years
Qualified high school seniors who have already contracted or plan to join the active Army and agree to report for training before Sept. 30 can receive an additional cash enlistment bonus, provided they complete high school and receive their diplomas.
Active Duty and Army Reserve applicants may be rewarded for their civilian educational experience.
Active Duty Applicants:
Qualified applicants who enlist for two or more years may receive one of the following bonuses for civilian education:
- Bachelor\\'s degree—$8,000
- Associate or two-year degree—$7,000
- High school graduates with 60 or more college semester hours—$6,000
- High school graduates with 30 to 59 college semester hours—$3,000
Qualified non-prior service applicants who enlist for three to six years may receive one of the following bonuses for civilian education:
- Bachelor\\'s degree—$4,000
- Associate or two-year degree—$3,000
- High school graduates with 60 or more college semester hours—$2,000
- High school graduates with 30 to 59 college semester hours—$1,000
Qualified applicants who possess civilian skills that the Army needs—such as proficiency in certain foreign languages, X-Ray certification or specialties in animal care—may be eligible for a $5,000 bonus.
Qualified Army Reserve applicants who already have civilian skills that the Army Reserve needs and enlist for six years in a critical skill specialty may be eligible for a $10,000 bonus.
Qualified applicants who enlist for airborne training and a guaranteed Airborne assignment may be eligible for a $3,000 or $6,000 bonus, depending on the job they choose.
Soldiers who enlist for and complete Officer Candidate School (OCS) in an eligible Area of Concentration may receive the following bonus.
Army Reserve OCS Bonus
Up to $10,000 bonus payable upon successful completion of OCS training and commissioning.
Soldiers who enlist for and complete Warrant Officer Flight School (WOFT) in an eligible Area of Concentration may qualify for a bonus of up to $10,000.
Individuals who speak certain Middle-Eastern languages and enlist as Translator Aides in the U.S. Army Individual Ready Reserve are eligible for a $10,000 enlistment bonus.
NOTE: Bonuses can be combined with the Army Loan Repayment incentive or the Army College Fund. Bonus amounts, eligibility criteria and qualifying Military Occupational Specialties change frequently. Contact your local recruiter to find out what the current bonuses are and which you may qualify for.