Get Your Classy Chassis Ready
Content provided courtesy of USAA.
Have a car you don't drive year-round? Maybe you've kept your convertible or classic collectible under wraps throughout the winter, but now's the time to get it primed for a spin. Here's a list of items from Edmunds.com that should be checked by you or a reputable, certified mechanic.
- Check under the hood for evidence of rodents, such as nests or chewed belts, hoses and wires.
- Check for cracked or brittle rubber on windshield wipers and replace if necessary.
- Check tire pressure and inflate tires to the recommended specs.
- Make sure the brakes are working. Rust may have accumulated on the rotors or drums. In most cases, this should go away after you drive the vehicle for a short distance.
- Check fluid levels to make sure there have been no leaks and refill as necessary.
- Make sure the battery cable is connected and that battery terminals are clean.
- Review your auto insurance coverage to make sure you and all your vehicles have adequate protection.