Pet Travel Timeline/Checklist
Introducing Military.com's new Transition app. Our new app gives you a personalized transition plan, tells you what to expect while transitioning, and even helps you find a job. The app is customizable for all Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, and spouses. Download it today from Google Play or iTunes.
The following checklist will help ensure your pet is ready for the stress of moving to your new home.
4 Weeks Before Moving Day:
- Inquire about health certificates, vaccinations, quarantines, and crates.
- Visit your veterinarian.
- If possible, visit your new location. Find out about new veterinarians, kennels, and any changes needed in your new home.
- Plan your trip. Make reservations.
- Get a travel crate and start training your pet.
1 - 2 Days Before Moving Day:
- Check health certificates.
- Confirm your reservations.
- Prepare crate labels and containers. Get an ID collar for air travel
- Pack your pet's food.
- Clip your pet's nails.
- Label and prepare the crate.
- Attach food and water dishes to the crate.
- Feed your pet 6 hours before the flight.
- Get your documents ready -- including the feeding schedule for any airline.
- Medicate your pet if recommended.
|Military Transition Transition Relocation|