The following checklist will help ensure your pet is ready for the stress of moving to your new home.
4 Weeks Before Moving Day:
- Inquire about health certificates, vaccinations, quarantines, and crates.
- Visit your veterinarian.
- If possible, visit your new location. Find out about new veterinarians, kennels, and any changes needed in your new home.
- Plan your trip. Make reservations.
- Get a travel crate and start training your pet.
1 - 2 Days Before Moving Day:
- Check health certificates.
- Confirm your reservations.
- Prepare crate labels and containers. Get an ID collar for air travel
- Pack your pet's food.
- Clip your pet's nails.
- Label and prepare the crate.
- Attach food and water dishes to the crate.
- Feed your pet 6 hours before the flight.
- Get your documents ready -- including the feeding schedule for any airline.
- Medicate your pet if recommended.