You May Get Separation Pay

Cash payment in hand.

Leaving the Military?

Download the FREE Transition App Today!

You may be eligible for additional separation pay. The Finance Office at your demobilization/deactivation installation can compute the actual amount, if any, owed you. You may be eligible for Separation Pay:

you have finished your first term of enlistment or period of obligated service
You have at least six years of service
You are separating involuntarily
You are not yet eligible for retirement
You are not separating under adverse conditions
You may be eligible for separation pay. 

Separation pay must be listed on the separation orders to be payable. The type of separation and conditions under which you are being separated will determine if you qualify for separation pay. To find out if you qualify, talk with your unit commander and local personnel and finance office.

If you do get separation pay and then file for VA disability benefits, you must repay all your separation pay before you receive any disabilty compensation from the VA.

Related Topics

Military Transition Transtion Personal Finances

Military News App by

Download the new News App for Android on Google Play or for Apple devices on iTunes!