Earned Income Tax Credit

Some people could be eligible to get more money back from the Internal Revenue Service -- as much as $5,751. People who earned less than $49,078 from wages, self-employment or farming last year may qualify for a refundable tax credit called the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). But you must file a federal income tax return claiming the credit to get it.  Both EITC eligibility and the amount of tax credit people are eligible for is based on several factors. The online EITC Assistant on the IRS website at www.irs.gov/eitc can help determine your eligibility and estimate the amount of your credit. For more information, visit your local Tax Assistance Center.

For more tax guides and tips, visit the Military.com Tax Center.