PT Super Sets with Max Reps and Crawls
One of the harder workouts of the week was the variation on a max rep set workout of 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 abs of choice (i.e., situps). This one is split into two sections where the first section you only do the pullups and pushups but have to travel to each of them by bear crawling or stair crawling in between exercises. Here is how it works:
PT Max Reps Sets with Crawls / Runs
1. Repeat 5-10 times
- Pullups max: The goal is to get 100 pullups (or pulldown / TRX rows as supplement if needed)
- Stair crawls up/down: A flight of steps, or bear crawl 50m, in between pullups and pushups
- Pushups max: The goal is to get 200 pushups, but to make it tougher try TRX pushups, bench press — or to make it easier do knee pushups if you need to
Further explanation: For pullups, do your best to get as close to 100 pullups as possible but if that is not possible at your current condition, supplement with pulldowns or TRX rows if needed to get 15-20 reps each set. This will limit your total sets to 5-7 total sets, which will challenge you to push yourself until you’re capable of completing the 100 pulls and 200 pushes.
Stair crawl up/down or bear crawl 50m: These exercises are never easy and add to the difficulty of the overall workout by taxing the shoulders prior to each pushup set. There are many benefits from crawling physiologically and many military training programs will have students bear crawling as part of conditioning.
200 pushups in as few sets as possible.
2. Run Sprints – Rest with Abs
The second section of the workout completes the 300 reps of the program. Many opt to do legs and do 300 squats versus the 300 abdominal exercises — The Murph option! You can also do a plank pose for 1 second per repetition if you prefer. So, a 50 second plank pose would equal 50 reps of abdominals if you choose to add a cycle of planks.
Repeat 6 times:
- 400m sprint — You may want to warm up with a few dynamic stretches and build up to full sprints during the first few sets of this session of the workout.
- 50 abs of choice
- If you have any pullups / pushups to finish you can add them here as well.
3. Final Cardio Cooldown
Your choice of running, swimming, biking, elliptical or row (or other): Take 15-20 minutes and go at a relaxing pace. Focus on deep inhales and exhales.
4. Stretch for 5-10 minutes
|Workouts General Fitness Stew Smith Air Force Workouts Army Workouts Coast Guard Workouts Marine Corps Workouts Military Workouts Navy Workouts Pushups and Pullups Running and Cardio|