Friday Fitness: 5 Minutes of Toughness
Here is a workout that will push you both physically and mentally. It's all about doing something for five minutes straight. You can rest as needed, but you will be in a stressed position most of the time.
5 minute Warmup: Jog or Bike
5 minute sets, any order:
- 5 min pushups, rest in plank
- 5 min situps, rest in up position
- 5 min pullups, rest as needed
- 5 min squats, no rest, just easy pace
- 5 min burpee pyramid, run 25m in between sets, no rest
- 5 min battle ropes, rest as needed
- 5 min push press/military press, never let go of bar or dumbbells
- 5 min bench press
- 5 min stair crawls, rest as needed
5 minute warmup run and stretch. Run 25 minutes for distance.
5 minutes swimming and 5 minutes skills.
Repeat 5 times
- Swim 5 minutes, shoot for 300m
- 5 minutes of tread, bounce, float, travel, etc in between swim sets
Stew Smith works as a presenter / editorial board with the Tactical Strength and Conditioning program of the National Strength and Conditioning Association and is Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). There are also over 800 articles on Military.com Fitness Forum focusing on a variety of fitness, nutritional, and tactical issues military members face throughout their career.