National Call To Service
The NCS program offers a choice of one of the following incentives:
- A cash bonus of $5,000.
- Loan Repayment of a qualifying student loan - not to exceed $18, 000.
- An education entitlement equal to 12 months of the current GI Bill payment rate. ($1,101 effective Oct 1, 2007)
- An education entitlement equal to 50 percent of the "less than 3 year enlistment" version of the GI Bill. ($447 effective Oct. 1, 2007)
The NCS program has a three part service requirement:
- First, after completion of initial entry training, you must serve on active duty in a military occupational specialty for a period of 15 months.
- After this, and without a break in service, you must serve for an additional period of active duty, or transition into the Selected Reserve for a period of 24 months.
- After completion of this period of service, your remaining obligated service specified in the agreement will be served on active duty in the armed forces Selected Reserve, or in the Individual Ready Reserve. In addition you may have the option to serve in Americorps, or another domestic national service program.
Military News App by Military.com
Download the new Military.com News App for Android on Google Play or for Apple devices on iTunes!
- Military.com Network:
- About Military.com:
© 2016 Military Advantage