State Veteran Benefits Pacific

Click on the State below for information about GI Bill Benefits in that State.



The dependent child, spouse or unmarried surviving spouses of a service connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits at any campus of the California State University system, University of California or a California Community College.

To be eligible, students must:

  • Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
  • Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
  • Be a child earning less than $10,787 per year (student's income, not parents').
    Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C veterans.
  • Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
  • Provide proof of the student's relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.

To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or your school's veterans office. Contact information for the veterans or financial aid office for many California public colleges and universities is available from the Education section of the CDVA's website.

You may also contact CDVA at (800) 952-5626 or by mail:

California Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Services
P.O. Box 942895
Sacramento CA 94295

You may also download an application form to fill out. (This form requires the Adobe Acrobat reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe.) When the form is completed, contact your nearest County Veterans Service Office (CVSO address and phone numbers may be found at the California Association of County Veterans Services Officers web site.


The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs provides educational benefits for pursuit of approved training courses.

Benefits will be paid for as many months as the veteran spent in active service, up to a maximum of 36 months. Veterans' who qualify for the program are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.   Benefits are paid for classroom instruction, home study courses, and for vocational training from an accredited educational institution.

Note: ODVA's Educational Aid will not be paid if the veteran is currently receiving federal educational benefits under any federal act.

Payment Amounts

  • Full-time students are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.
  • Part-time students are entitled to receive up to $100 per month.
  • School criteria determines full-time and part-time status.

Eligibility Requirements

  1. Active duty in the Armed Forces of the U.S. for not less than 90 days; and
  2. Released from military service under honorable conditions; and
  3. Is a resident of Oregon when applying for State Educational Aid; and
  4. Is a citizen of the United States; and
  5. Served during the Korean War (June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955) or after June 30, 1958.

Getting Started and Who to Contact
Eligibility forms, application forms, and counseling about Oregon Educational Aid for Veterans are available from the following:

Benefits will be paid for as many months as the veteran spent in active service, up to a maximum of 36 months.

Benefit for Dependents of Deceased, Disabled Oregon Veterans

Oregon's State Legislature passed a law that provides a full-tuition waiver for a bachelor's or master's degree at an Oregon University System institution for children or spouses of servicemembers who died on active duty, became 100 percent disabled in connection with military service, or died as a result of a disability sustained on active duty. Application (in PDF Format).

Information on the tuition waiver as well as the application form can be found Oregon University System website under "Featured Documents and Links."

Learn more about Oregon Educational Aid


Honorably discharged veterans who have served in any branch of the armed forces may be eligible for the following state benefits:

Educational Benefits
County Veterans Assistance/Burial
Homeless Veteran Program
Employment Preference
Reemployment and Layoff Rights
Military Retirement Credit
Motor Vehicle Licenses
Reduced Fishing/Hunting License Fees
State and Federal Park Passes
Documents and Public Records
Reduced Public Transportation Fees

For information on these and other benefits available to Washington State residents, contact WDVA at 1-800-562-2308.

Click here for more information on the other Veteran Benefits offered by this state.


Tuition Free Education for Spouses or Dependents

The spouse or dependent of an armed services member who either:

  • Died in the line of duty
  • Died as a result of injuries sustained while in the line of duty
  • Was listed by the Department of Defense as a Prisoner of War or as Missing in Action.

UAA Financial Aid Office:
3901 Old Seward Highway
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907) 786-1586

Click here for more information on the other Veteran Benefits offered by this state.


Currently the Hawaiian State Office of Veteran Services does not offer education assistance programs.

Click here for more information on the other Veteran Benefits and services offered by this state.

Sound Off...What do you think? Join the discussion...

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at
© 2015 Military Advantage