The VA program My HealtheVet (MHV) is the gateway to veteran health benefits and services. It provides access to trusted health information, links to Federal and VA benefits and resources, the Personal Health Journal, and now online VA prescription refill. In the future, MHV registrants will be able to view appointments, copay balances, and key portions of their VA medical records online, and much more! My HealtheVet is a powerful tool to help you better understand and manage your health.
My HealtheVet offers three account types:
Basic Account - Anyone who registers on My HealtheVet starts with a Basic Account. This account does not require that you have your identity authenticated. A Basic Account provides limited access to features in My HealtheVet that you self-enter. You may use the journals and other tools to track your health measures. However, you cannot see your personal information located in VA or DoD systems.
With a Basic Account you may use My HealtheVet to:
- Add information to a personal health journal about over-the-counter medications, allergies, military health history, medical events, tests and allergies
- Record and track personal information such as contact information, emergency contacts, health care doctors and providers, and health insurance information
- Record and track personal health measurements (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, heart rate, body temperature, weight, pain level, etc.) in Vitals & Readings
- Print a wallet ID card with the personal information entered into the personal health record
- Set personal goals. My Goals makes it easy for you to set Goals, identify your Strengths and Tasks, to overcome Obstacles, and track your progress. My Goals can be used to help your health care team understand what is important to you.
Use the VA Blue Button (Download My Data) to view, save, print or download and save your self-entered information; then share this with your caregiver, non-VA provider or others you trust . Your self-entered information may include:
- Activity Journal, Self Reported
- Allergies, Self Reported
- Family Health History, Self Reported
- Food Journal, Self Reported
- Health Care Providers, Self Reported
- Health Insurance, Self Reported
- Immunizations, Self Reported
- Labs and Tests, Self Reported
- Medical Events, Self Reported
- Medications and Supplements, Self Reported
- Military Health History, Self Reported
- My Goals: Current Goals, Self Reported
- My Goals: Completed Goals, Self Reported
- Treatment Facility, Self Reported
- Vitals and Readings, Self Reported
After you register, your account type will be displayed in the Member Login box, as an icon after your name.
Advanced Account - This account is only for Veterans and/or VA Patients. It is a higher level of access to features offered in My HealtheVet. It provides you the ability to view some information in your VA and/or DoD records. This account does not require that you have your identity authenticated. However, when you register as a VA Patient, your profile information is linked to VA/DoD records. When this happens, you are given an Advanced Account. If you are a VA patient, this type of account lets you refill your VA prescriptions online using My HealtheVet.
After you register, your account type will be displayed in the Member Login box.
Premium Account - This account is only for Veterans and/or VA Patients. It gives users the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. To get this type of account you need to go through Authentication and have your My HealtheVet profile information (full name, Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth (DOB) and gender) linked to VA/DoD records. After you register, your account type will be displayed in the Member Login box. .
With a Premium Account you may use My HealtheVet to view key portions of your VA health record, such as:
- VA Admissions and Discharges (including discharge summaries) - Discharge Summaries are available 3 calendar days after they are completed.
- VA Allergies
- VA Appointments (future)
- VA Appointments (limited to past 2 years)
- VA Demographics
- VA Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- VA Immunizations
- VA Laboratory Results: Chemistry/Hematology/Microbiology - VA Laboratory Results are available 3 calendar days after they have been verified. Depending on the type of test, some laboratory results may not be available right away.
- VA Medication History
- VA Notes - VA Notes written from January 1, 2013 forward are available 3 calendar days after they have been completed and signed by all required members of your VA health care team.
- VA Pathology Report: Surgical Pathology/Cytology/Electron Microscopy. VA Pathology Reports are available 14 calendar days after they have been completed. Some studies done at a non-VA facility may not be available or they may not necessarily include an interpretation.
- VA Problem List - Your VA Problem List contains active health problems your VA providers are helping you to manage. This information is available 3 calendar days after it has been entered. It may not contain active problems managed by non-VA health care providers.
- VA Radiology - Your report is available 3 calendar days after it has been verified by members of the VA health care team
- VA Vitals and Readings
- VA Wellness Reminders
- VA electronic health record information such as VA Continuity of Care Document (VA CCD) and other information as it becomes available
- Department of Defense (DoD) Military Service Information
In addition you may be able to:
- Use the VA Blue Button to view, save download and/or print your VA health and DoD Military Service Information. You can also share this with your caregiver, non-VA provider or others you trust.
- Download your VA Continuity of Care Document (VA CCD). This is a standard electronic exchange document, used for sharing patient information. The VA CCD will be a summary of important health information from the Veterans VA Electronic Health Record.
- Use Secure Messaging to communicate online with your VA health care team. You may send messages to request or cancel VA appointments. Use it to ask about lab results or find out about a medication or health issue. Or simply to discuss other general health matters.
Visit the VA's MyHealtheVet website for more information.