Related Benefits Articles
Most Popular TRICARE Benefits Articles
TRICARE Benefits Overview
Do you understand your TRICARE benefits? Find the TRICARE coverage plan that best suits your family's needs.
TRICARE for Retirees
So you are set to retire, but do you know what is going to happen with your health care? Can you really stand to lose your mili...
The TRICARE Prime Program
TRICARE Prime is a managed service healthcare program for servicemembers, reserve component members, dependents, and some retir...
TRICARE for Life
If you have Medicare part A & B, TRICARE for life can pay your Medicare copay.
TRICARE Authorized Care
TRICARE is limited by law to authorize the following types of health care may be provided under TRICARE for dependents:
- Outpatient care.
- Treatment of medical and surgical conditions.
- Treatment of nervous, mental, and chronic conditions.
- Treatment of contagious diseases.
- Physical examinations, including eye examinations, and immunizations.
- Maternity and infant care, including well-baby care that includes one screening of an infant for the level of lead in the blood of the infant.
- Diagnostic tests and services, including laboratory and X-ray examinations.
- Dental care.
- Ambulance service and home calls when medically necessary.
- Durable equipment, which may be provided on a loan basis.
- Primary and preventive health care services for.
- Preventive health care screening for colon or prostate cancer.
- Prosthetic devices, as determined to be necessary.
- A hearing aid, but only for a dependent of a member of the uniformed services on active duty and only if the dependent has a profound hearing loss.
- Any rehabilitative therapy when prescribed by a physician.
Items that may be provided to a patient include the following:
- Any durable medical equipment to aid a body part, or to prevent the deterioration of the patient's function or condition.
- Any durable medical equipment that can maximize the patient's function consistent with the patient's physiological or medical needs.
- Iron lungs.
- Hospital beds.
- Other equipment customizations, accessories, or items for:
- achieving therapeutic benefit for the patient;
- making the equipment serviceable; or
- otherwise assuring the proper functioning of the equipment.
For general information about TRICARE, call the toll-free TRICARE information line for your region found at the TRICARE Contact Us web page.
Military News App by Military.com
Download the new Military.com News App for Android on Google Play or for Apple devices on iTunes!
- Military.com Network:
- About Military.com:
© 2016 Military Advantage