Military com Unveils New Resources
Services Include Free Online Tax Preparation, Business Card Development and Access to Millions of Online Classifieds
SAN FRANCISCO - Military.com today announced the availability of several new resources for its members. Military.com, a site within the Monster Worldwide (NASDAQ:MNST) network, is the largest military and veteran membership organization, with over ten million members.
The following services are now available:
- Online Tax Preparation via Intuit's TurboTax - Intuit is offering free online tax preparation for Military.com members utilizing a 1040 or 1040EZ tax form and discounts for those members with more complex filing requirements. Members can prepare and submit their electronic forms directly through Military.com, as well as receive a discount of up to 20 percent off other TurboTax products.
- Business Cards through VistaPrint - In alliance with VistaPrint, the leading online supplier of high-quality graphic design services and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers, Military.com members can order up to 500 free business cards, incurring only the cost of shipping and processing charges. VistaPrint's standardized, consistently-branded business card templates with official military seals enable members to easily design and order cards, regardless of their military affiliation. This resource is one way to help active duty and transitioning servicemembers effectively network and market their skills.
- Classifieds from Oodle - A new alliance with Oodle provides Military.com members, many of whom are frequently re-stationed, access to a trusted classifieds marketplace that simplifies the tasks of buying, selling and relocating. Oodle's marketplace features everything from used cars and furniture to pets, tickets and merchandise, including military memorabilia and surplus. Additionally, Oodle's array of tools - including post-for-free, location-specific pricing guides and email alerts - make using online classifieds an easy process.
- Election Center - An updated Election Center features educational materials regarding the upcoming presidential election, profiles veterans running for political office and highlights discussions on key legislative issues affecting military veterans.
- Fitness Channel - This comprehensive resource provides details about all service-required physical fitness tests and includes workouts specifically designed for them. It also prepares members for special operations training, boot camp entrance and law enforcement fitness standards.
"Military.com is dedicated to offering services that will help ease the day-to-day tasks of military-affiliated personnel and their families," said Loree Hirschman, vice president for Military.com. "Alliances with Intuit, VistaPrint and Oodle, as well as the launch of Military.com's Fitness Channel and updated Election Center, support our pursuit of this goal by providing relevant resources that can assist, educate and empower our members."
About Monster Worldwide
Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: MNST), parent company of Monster(R), the premier global online employment solution for more than a decade, strives to bring people together to advance their lives. With a local presence in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, Monster works for everyone by connecting employers with quality job seekers at all levels and by providing personalized career advice to consumers globally. Through online media sites and services, Monster delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers. Monster Worldwide is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit www.monster.com. More information about Monster Worldwide is available at www.monsterworldwide.com.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. The company's financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $2.67 billion in its fiscal year 2007. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
VistaPrint Limited (Nasdaq:VPRT) is the leading online supplier of high-quality graphic design services and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers. VistaPrint offers custom designed, full-color, low-cost printed products in small quantities. Over 12 million unique customers have turned to VistaPrint for products ranging from business cards and brochures to invitations and thank you cards. Products are printed at our two state-of-the-art plants in North America and Europe that total over 200,000 square feet of production space. A global company, VistaPrint employs more than 1,200 people and operates 19 localized web sites serving over 120 countries around the world. A broad range of design options are available online at www.vistaprint.com. VistaPrint's printed products are satisfaction guaranteed.
VistaPrint, the VistaPrint logo and VistaPrint.com are registered trademarks of VistaPrint. All other brand and product names appearing on this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Oodle (www.oodle.com) is a whole new kind of classifieds. Bringing together more than 30 million listings from over 80,000 sites, Oodle improves the way people buy and sell locally. Oodle offers the most comprehensive search, convenient email alerts and information to empower consumers to make better buying decisions.
Since its launch in 2005, Oodle has grown rapidly and attracts over three million unique visitors each month. In addition, the Oodle Network powers classifieds for over 200 leading brands, including Cox Interactive, Media General, The Washington Post, San Diego Union Tribune and Lycos. The Oodle Network offers media companies and portals a proven business model for free listings and the best classifieds marketplace for their customers.