Military.com Releases 2007 Edition of The Military Advantage
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - Military.com, the leading military membership organization and subsidiary of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: MNST), today announced the release of the 2007 Edition of The Military Advantage: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Military and Veterans Benefits, the definitive guide to accessing the scholarships, educational benefits, military discounts, health care, and transition assistance every servicemember needs. This essential reference, written by Christopher P. Michel, Founder and Chairman of Military.com, offers advice, shortcuts and insider tips to the world's largest benefit system.
Servicemembers, veterans and their families are entitled to a wide range of valuable benefits for their service to America. But for many, navigating the military benefits programs can be tricky and fraught with red tape. Particularly for U.S. service men and women retuning from combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, many in need of long-term care, wading through the bureaucratic system of evaluations and benefits can be daunting; in fact, 35% of veterans miss out on benefits they've earned, such as health care and money for education.* Retired Army General Norman Schwarzkopf, former Commander in Chief, United States Central Command, and Commander of Operations of Desert Shield and Desert Storm adds, "America has been challenged during the twenty-first century in ways we never imagined at the time I left active duty. Now as much as any other period in our nation's history we need to ensure that the benefits of service to America are easily accessible. The Military Advantage is a vital step toward that end."
"Despite the overwhelming success of military benefits, many of these important programs go unused because they are either hidden or too complicated," says Christopher Michel. "I believe this book and its companion website, Military.com, can change all that." In The Military Advantage, Michel offers the inside information you need to understand and access these important benefits. The book's chapters are divided by subject to make this an easy to use reference:
- The Money Advantage – discounts on everything from airline tickets to long-distance phone service, VA home loans, life insurance and savings plans, credit counseling, and emergency relief.
- The Pay Advantage – navigating the military pay system with up-to-date pay charts, basic pay and allowances, reserve pay and retired pay.
- The Health Care Advantage – TRICARE options, special benefits and Veteran health care.
- The Benefits Advantage – military travel and lodging, legal assistance, burial benefits, disability, and surviving family benefits.
- The Education Advantage – money for school through the Montgomery GI Bill, and other numerous sources, and scholarships and loans for dependents.
- The Career Advantage – professional development, deployment and mobilization, relocation.
- The Transition Advantage – pre-separation counseling for those leaving the military, retirement preparation, career counseling, and veteran employment resources.
- The Family Advantage – relocation support, childcare, deployment support, and spouse employment.
Navy Veteran, Christopher Michel, created Military.com to connect servicemembers, veterans, and their families to all the benefits earned in service to America. The Military Advantage is the culmination of his years of success helping millions get the most out of their military experience. The information has been assembled through close consultation with the Department of Defense, the Veterans Administration, and other agencies, and has been shaped by input and feedback from some of Military.com's over eight million members.
* Veterans Benefits Association Annual Benefits Report Fiscal Year 2005, September 2006
THE MILITARY ADVANTAGE: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Military & Veterans Benefits
Updated 2007 Edition
By Christopher P. Michel
Published by Simon & Schuster Trade Paperbacks
Publication Date: April 1, 2007
Price: $20.00; ISBN: 0-7432-6946-2
"This book cuts through the red tape and shows the real benefits available to our nation's veterans. It's a valuable complement to any library."
--Former Senator Max Cleland
" The Military Advantage is the single best benefits resource for military personnel and their families. It's a must-read for anyone who has ever worn a uniform."
--Jack L. Tiley, Sergeant Major of the Army (Ret.)