Military.com Launches Definitive Career Resource
Expanding Services Assist with Career Advancement At Every Lifestage
SAN FRANCISCO - Military.com (www.military.com), the largest online destination for the military community, today launches new services for the 250,000 people who transition from military service into the civilian marketplace each year. Military.com brings together objective information, tools, career guides and job postings to offer the most comprehensive, unbiased resource for people transitioning from the military. This complements existing resources for people considering a military career or reserve/national guard duty.
- Job listings and profiles of employers that value military experience.
- Tools for self-assessment and for translating over 6,000 military skills into civilian terms.
- Insider information on how to break into 20 leading industries.
- Expert evaluations of military-specific recruiters.
- Detailed salary reports on over 5,000 jobs in every major U.S. city.
- Step by step tips on how to write a resume and prepare for an interview.
In addition, Military.com helps members of the community take full advantage of their educational benefits. According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, half of all service members eligible for the GI Bill do not use the benefits they earned through their active duty service. Military.com and its subsidiary, GIBillExpress.com, help members understand their eligibility, find scholarships and objectively evaluate colleges. GIBillExpress.com offers exclusive rankings of colleges based upon incentives provided for veterans and policies on accepting prior military training for credit.
"Leaving active duty for a civilian career or additional education puts people in unfamiliar territory," said Military.com CEO Christopher Michel. "Military.com assists members of this community in exploring their options and making informed choices. We help people find civilian careers, connect with career experts and get the most out of their educational benefits."