MILPER MESSAGE NUMBER : 06-017
EVALUATION REPORTING SYSTEM MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
1. Purpose. Provide a quick reference to processes and tools available to commanders and Human Resource Managers for effective management of unit evaluation reporting systems.
2. Commander’s Actions. Emphasize effective counseling and timely evaluation preparation:
a. Have current rating schemes available and make sure rating officials and rated Soldiers know them.
b. Execute oversight of counseling which leads to effective final evaluations.
c. Use online tools to obtain and maintain up-to-date evaluation administrative information.
d. Anticipate each Soldier’s “next” mandatory evaluation THRU date. This date should be the current THRU date on file plus 12 months, a THRU date based on known changes of rater/duty, or a THRU date based on complete the record for individuals being considered by a selection board.
e. Notify rating officials of pending evaluations 30 days out from THRU date. Track rating official’s completion of pending evaluations.
f. Follow up HQDA receipt and processing using online tools.
g. Take appropriate action with rating officials who fail to evaluate effectively or in a timely manner.
3. OnLine Information, Tools, and Applications.
a. Evaluation Policy. The Management Support Division website has assistance (https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/active/TAGD/MSD/msdweb.htm) This site links users to information regarding selection boards, promotions, records, and evaluation reporting systems. Policy on this website applies to all three components. This site links users to applications discussed below.
b. OER - Regular Army Interactive Web Response System (IWRS). This application provides a series of reports listing information by individual Soldier, UIC, PSB, or Command Code. Users may access lists of OERs submitted late and lists of individuals with missing OERs (over 16 month’s gap). We have recently added a report that lists OERs, sorted by Senior Rater, which are not yet completed processing but impact senior rater profiles. The available reports are added to and improved routinely based on user input and need.
c. OER - US Army Reserve. General information regarding Army Reserve OER processing can be obtained from the HRC-St. Louis website (www.hrc.army.mil/site/reserve) in the "Soldier Services" section under "Career Guidance". Units can also view the status of individual reports submitted to HRC-St. Louis for processing, as well as an Officer's entire evaluation history, at this same website ("Evaluation History" selection). Lastly, units having access to the Soldier Management System can obtain a listing of Army Reserve officers assigned to their organization who are overdue for an OER by selecting the "Overdue OER Report" option under the "Tools" tab. This report can be generated for an entire major subordinate command or a specific UIC.
d. OER - Army National Guard. A list of overdue OERs, sorted by state or territory, is located on GKO (https://gko.ngb.army.mil) under the Application tab, under Human Resources. This report drills down to individual OERs.
e. NCOER - Regular Army Interactive Web Response System (IWRS). HRC Indianapolis (EREC) (https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/erec/index.htm) provides authorized users an application, NCOER Upload, to expedite processing of evaluation reports. Authorized users also have the ability to run on-line reports by UIC, UA, PSB, or Command Codes. Reports available include PSB Evaluation Snap Shot, Last NCOER End Date Report, Error Report, Gap Report, Overdue Annual Report, and many more. An electronic NCOER Preparation Guide and NCOER Training Guide provide a quick reference for NCOER preparation.
f. NCOER - US Army Reserve. General information regarding Army Reserve NCOER processing can be obtained from the HRC-St. Louis website (www.hrc.army.mil/site/reserve) in the "Soldier Services" section under "Career Guidance". There are no online NCOER reports available at this time as Army Reserve NCOERs are currently processed manually. However, units can obtain information regarding the last NCOER received at HRC-St. Louis on an individual Soldier by dialing 1-800-648-5484, selecting option 3 from the menu, and inputting the Soldier's SSN.
g. NCOER - Army National Guard. Currently there is not a NCOER tracking system / web page for ARNG.
h. Senior Rater OER Profiles. Senior raters will have up to three separate profiles based on the component of their rated officers. The component of the rated officer also affects the number in the "I currently senior rater # of officers" on the reverse side of the form in block VIIa. At any time, senior raters may obtain copies of their Senior Rater Profile Report, DA Form 67-9-2 ("dash 2") via the internet at the addresses identified in subparagraphs (1) thru (3) below. Our intent is to have a single user entrance into all three component profiles but until that feature is in place, separate component websites must be used. Senior raters may also call or email the appropriate POC and request a copy of their profile which is sent via email to the requester.
(1) Regular Army Senior Rater Profiles: The Regular Army profile is located at the bottom of the HRC home page (https://www.hrc.army.mil/indexflash.asp) in a eagle/checkmark icon. It is also linked to several MSD homepages. Senior raters are allowed to view and print pages showing their (1) current Active SR profile (the matrix of numbers and percentages by grade), and (2) a list of names (by grade) that support the numbers and (3) a list of reports that have not completed processing and will not yet be included in the profile. POC: Evaluations Systems Office, (703) 325-9660 (DSN: 221), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) USAR Senior Rater Profiles. The OER US Army Reserve profile is located on 2xCitizen (which is available through the “My Record” tab on the HRC Homepage, www.hrc.army.mil.) Using the navigation menu, the profile is under evaluations. POC: MAJ Lewis or LTC Cray at COM: 314-592-0679 (DSN: 892-0679), email: email@example.com
(3) ARNG Senior Rater Profiles. The ARNG profile is located on GKO (https://gko.ngb.army.mil) under the Application tab, under Human Resources. POC: Mr. Clyde Rebeiro, COM (703) 607-7111 (DSN: 327), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. POC for this message is LTC Joe Byers, (703) 325-9660, DSN: 221, email@example.com.