per the 504th MP Battalion yearbook (1994) :
The Company was first organized in 1942 at Fort Custer, Michigan as D company 781st Battalion. It later became the 170th MP Company in 1943 at Cairo, Egypt and then inactivated in 1946.
The 170th MP Company provides a military police force that prepares for war and contingency operations, while performing community assistance and force protection missions. ... The 170th MP Company has a proud history of being called on at short notice to perform special missions that only well trained and highly motivated soldiers can perform.
The soldiers have exceeded every standard put before them. During peacetime and in combat, the 170th MP Company lives up to the Battalion motto of "DUTY, JUSTICE, AND HONOR." Dragon Slayers!
Feb 21 2005 09:31:41:000PM