327th UNIT HISTORY
The Battalion was activated on 26 December 1942, at
Camp Swift, Texas, as the 803rd Military Police Battalion
The unit participated in the Naples-Foggia and the Rome-arno campaigns, and was awarded the Meritorious Unit
Streamer: in addition, Company"B" (374th MP CO) is
entited to a Silver Band on their Guidon for the North
Appenines Campaign. On 30 June, the Battalion was
redesignated the 327th Military Police Battalion and reverted to the Organized Reserve Corps on 11 July 1947. On 22 Feburary 1972,General Orders 22, Hqs. 5th US Army, the 327th Military PoliceBattalion was reorganized under MTO&E 19-500G, HHD with subordinate units redesignated as the 341st MP Company, 374th MP Company, 814th MP Company and the 822th MP Company under MTO&E 19-77g and further
attached to the battalion per General Order Number 03, Hqs, 300th Military Police Prisoner of War Command, dated 18 March 1972.
The distinctive unit insignia was appoved by the Department of the Army on 25 Feburary 1953.
Posted by Milan Tomanovich
Apr 09 2006 02:20:29:000PM