join military


317th Military Police Battalion

810th Military Police Company, Tampa, Florida
Of The Troops and For The Troops

Mobilization Summary of the 810th Military Police Company September 12, 1990 The 810th Military Police Company was mobilized in support of Operation Desert Shield, and assigned to the 16th Military Police Brigade (Airborne), 160th Military Police Battalion. September 15 - October 31, 1990 The 810th began training and final preparation for deployment at Ft Benning, Ga. The unit was validated for deployment by the Mobilization Assistance Team within 10days, but due to the lack of air lift for equipment, the unit continued training at Ft Benning for additional four while awaiting arrival of its vehicles in the Middle East via sea. The 810th received refreshment training in a board variety of individual and collective tasks in order to best perform its missions. Military police mission in Airland battle Doctrine included Enemy Prisoner of War Operations (EPW), and Law Enforcement. Training assistance was provided by the 988th Military Police Company and by the U.S. Army ranger Training Brigade of Ft Benning, Ga. Prior to departure from Ft Benning, the 810th received a secret message from the 16th MP Brigade (Airborne). The 810th was attached to the 82nd Airborne Division to provide MP support in accordance with Airland Battle Doctrine. October 31 ? November 1 1990 The soldiers of the 810th MP Company arrived at Dahrahn to join the 82nd Airborne Division at ?Champion Main?, a facility near the northeastern coast of Saudi Arabia. The 810th linked with the 82nd MP Company to form Task Force Pistol, commanded by Lieutenant Colonel David Patton, the Provost Marshall of the 82nd Airborne Division. After 82nd Airborne orientation training, the 810th platoons were assigned areas stretching over 150 miles within the 82nd?s area of responsibility. Platoon missions included security of a division air base, security of a Patriot missile battery, convoy security and patrolling of division life support areas. The military police focus was force protection and law enforcement. January 10, 1991 The 810th was released from its 82nd missions, and returned to the control of the 16th MP Brigade. The company then moved to an assembly area near King Khalib Military City in preparation for ?D? Day operations. At the behest of Major General Johnson, Commander of the 82nd Airborne Division, the unit would be returned back to the 82nd, and Task Force Pistol reformed for MP support during the ground offensive. At ?H? Hour on ?D? Day The 810th moved out from assembly positions to secure Rafha International Airport. This was the beginning of a base of operations in the strategically valuable city located 15 miles from the border of Iraq. The airport?s security was extremely important as it was used as a major landing area for troops and equipment of the 101st, 82nd and 6th French Division. Furthermore, Rafha was to be the XVIII Airborne Corp?s Main Command Post for the flanking offensive into Iraq. No coalition forces had been to this area until ?D? day, so as not to disclose coalition intentions. February 18, 1991 The 810th was relieved in place of area security missions at Rafha to begin its role in the ground offensive into Iraq. The four line platoons were again ordered to take different areas of responsibility. The FIRST platoon was responsible for the rear guard of the 82nd Airborne Division as the 82nd and the 6th French Light Armored Division attacked Iraq from their positions on the border. The SECOND platoon was combined with elements of the 82nd MP Company to form Team EPW. The THIRD platoon was to provide enemy reconnaissance and area security for an engineer group as they were to build a corps main supply route 75 miles north into Iraq. The FOURTH platoon was to provide protection for the 82nd?s support elements that remained close to the border in Saudi Arabia. February 24, 1991 U.S. and allied ground forces began movement into Iraq with the main thrust commencing at 0400 hours on ?G? Day. March 1, 1991 The first and third platoons had successfully completed their missions and were awaiting new orders. The second and fourth platoons were continuing to perform their missions. The second platoon, as part of Team EPW, was still processing enemy prisoners of war and would complete its mission after having processed over 2,900 Iraqi prisoners captured by the 82nd and others. The platoon also processed 20 prisoners they had captured while operating in their area. Team EPW?s efforts were extraordinary when considering the large number of prisoners processed by an element of its size. March 5 ? 25, 1991 The First platoon performed security escorts for essential supplies for the 82nd?s forward combat units. In addition, they provided battlefield circulation control along the northern main supply routes. The Second platoon returned to the 810th Iraq base after completion of its EPW mission. The Third platoon was given security responsibility for the 82nd Division Main Command Post, the northern allied division in Iraq. The Fourth platoon successfully performed its security mission and it began movement toward the 810th redeployment assembly area in Khobar, Saudi Arabia. March 26 ? April 4, 1991 The 82nd was relieved in place by the 2nd ACR and the 810th operated critical traffic control points as the division moved back to Saudi Arabia. After the 82nd crossed back into Saudi Arabia, the 810th was released from the 82nd Airborne Division and reunited with the 160th MP Battalion in Khobar. There, it prepared for redevelopment to the United States. For its performance during Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm, the 810th MP Company received the

Back to Unit Page

Other Links:

© 2018 Military Advantage
A Monster Company.